1. Skin cancer is the fastest-growing cancer in the United States.
2. Wearing a white T-shirt at the beach will prevent you from tanning and burning.
3. Even the tanning beds in salons that tout "safe sunning" are dangerous.
4. A high SPF factor on the label equals a great sunscreen.
5. Sunscreen shouldn't be used anywhere around your eyes.
6. Self-tanning before heading to the beach will decrease your chances of skin injury.
7. An SPF of 45 is three times more effective than an SPF of 15.
8. Fake tans can never look authentic.