Questions 1 to 5 of 10
1. The 2000 presidential election was decided by a hand count of votes in Florida. What were the "incomplete” punch outs referred to as?
2. Another close presidential race was in 1876, where Rutherford B. Hayes defeated Samuel J. Tilden by one electoral vote. Tilden was the governor of what eastern state?
3. How many sitting Vice-Presidents have won the Presidency?
4. In 1824, who was elected President by the House of Representatives after no candidate won a majority?
5. In 1856, who was the first Republican candidate for President?