1. In questions such as below, identify the two statements necessary to make the conclusion in the beginning of the question true.
Jonathan is swimming.
a) Jonathan is in the pool during the winter.
b) Jonathan is in the pool.
c) Swimming takes place in the pool during the winter.
d) All the boys in the pool are swimming.
2. Tom pitches the ball faster than Mike.
a) David is the champion pitcher.
b) Tom can throw the ball further than David.
c) Tom can throw the ball as fast as David.
d) David can throw the ball faster than Mike.
3. Hundred soldiers went to the war.
a) Forty soldiers did not turn up for the war.
b) Twenty soldiers were killed in the war.
c) The war was boycotted by sixty soldiers.
d) Eighty soldiers returned alive.
4. A is south-west to C.
a) A is two miles south of B.
b) B is two miles east of D.
c) C is two miles east of B.
d) D is North-west of A.
5. Four defenders in a football match — Defender A, Defender B, Defender C & Defender D — take their positions in this order in a row from right to left. During the match, Defender A changes places with Defender C and then Defender C changes places with Defender B. Which defender is now at the left end of the row?
6. In the above question who is to the right of Defender C?