|| Useful Parenting Resources
Provides information on parenting and general child healthcare.
- Atlanta Single Parents
A site for parents raising a child by themself.
- At Risk Youth
At-risk.com has been compiled as a resource for parents wanting to help at-risk teens.
- Babies Online FREE Pregnancy Journals
Create a daily online pregnancy journal, complete with pictures, instantly and for free! Tons of other great (and free!) stuff for expectant parents too, like weekly pregnancy calendars, baby names, and more so check it out!!
- Baby Carrier
InstinctiveParenting.com is devoted to promoting and supporting secure healthy attachment between parents and children.
- Baby Names
The complete guide to baby names, sorted by gender and origin.
- Baby Place
Find what you need to know about pregnancy, birth, and babies! We have over 100,000 pages of baby-related content.
- Bonus Families
Early child development at Brainy-Child.com
A non-profit organization dedicated to peaceful coexistence between divorce or separated parents and their new families.
Learn how to nurture a smarter kid! You can find articles, resources, library and latest updates on child brain development and early child development.
- Fitness and kids
Kids health and fitness equipment, youth sports, exercise videos, equipment, active play and more.
- Foster & Kinship Care Education
Training, support, resources and referrals to foster & Kinship parents. We also provide Independent Living Skills to youth who are, or have been in out-of-home placements.
- Mothers Over 40
An inspirational, positive and encouraging resource for older parents and all those considering pregnancy past the age of 40 and 50.
- Mom To Mom Chat.com
A site for ALL Moms.
- Mothers with Attitude
Humor and help for adoptive moms, special-needs moms, any old moms at all.
- Parents in Touch
Provides guidance through all stages of education and child development; advice by highly experienced professionals and answers to the questions that all parents ask; a forum for parents; resources for parents including worksheets, `SATS' and other test and exam papers.
- Raising Our Kids
A site where you can find advice and friendship to guide and support you through the trials and tribulations of raising children.
A virtual place for Single Moms to make your voice heard, gain practical advices, & to share, guide, learn, and from the experience of other single mothers.
- Single Parents Network
A single parent web community geared to single parents resources, information, and discussions, combined with the largest single parenting social club just for single parents.
- Special Mommy Chronicles
A special need column by a special need mom.
- Tiny Feet Designed Personalised cards and gifts
Tiny Feet Designs specialises in unique personalised cards and gifts that you will always treasure. From birth announcements to weddings, Tiny Feet can help you.
- The Compleat Mother
Magazine of Pregnancy, Birth and Breastfeeding.
Top resources for busy work at home moms. Discover work at home ideas, home business advice, business building resources, parenting tips, self care articles, checklists, free printables, discussion boards, and fun links for kids.
Raising children can sometimes become a tedious task as there is no simple, straight-forward and a single path to raise them. The concept of perfect parent or a perfect child is just an illusion. However, things can be improved by following some guidelines which may help your children to grow up in a healthy and happy atmosphere. Here are some of them:
- Openly display your love and affection towards your children. Make it a point to tell your children at least once everyday: "I love you, you're special to me." Shower them with hugs and kisses.
- Whenever your children speak to you, listen to them. This enables your children to think that they mean more to you, they are more important to you and you are taking avid interest in their affairs.
- Always protect your children and make them feel safe. They should feel extremely comfortable when they're scared. Ensure them that you have taken the steps to protect them and nothing can harm them now.
- Regularize their meal timings and sleeping pattern. They should be made to follow a fixed schedule of getting up and doing things on time. In case of any change in schedule, inform them beforehand so that they can be mentally prepared for it.
- Keep praising your children on a regular basis. Whenever they learn something new or do something praiseworthy, tell them that you're proud of them and very happy at their achievement.
- Never criticize your child. If they do anything wrong, point out their mistake but don't criticize them. Explain them where they went wrong and tell them what ought to be done in that particular situation.
- There should not be any difference between the two parents in raising their children. Both should be consistent and make the same rules for their children. This will not create confusion among your children and get the message clear and loud to them.
- Finally, the thing which has been told several times before also: Spend more and more time with your children. Read with them, walk with them, play with them and clean the house with them. Children are always hungry to get your attention. Even if they behave badly, it is meant to grab your attention. Give them attention.