Do you all know that just a few years back, the IQ of a human being was considered as something that is genetic and cannot be improved upon. However, various researches by eminent scientists and neuropsychologists have proven this myth wrong.
IQ can be improved and a person who initially could not score well in an IQ test can actually do better next time after following certain brain exercises.
Here are some of these exercises. One doesn’t need to do all of them at a single-go. You can take up as many according to your convenience and suitability. If you force these exercises upon you, it may well take a toll on you and render a negative effect.
- Writing — Make a regular habit of writing down your thoughts. Writing is said to be the best machine of the “mental gym”. It provides the perfect workouts for creativity, logic and focus.
- Reading — Try to finish reading a book every week. Reading novels and books lead you to a world of imagination and provide a much-needed break to your mind and grey cells.
- Watching Fiction — This may include watching television, drama, theatre and plays. A world of fiction makes you imagine yourself in that position and leads to a diversion of thoughts that otherwise just revolve around your basic needs in this capitalist world.
- Changing Hobbies — Engage yourself in new activities on a regular basis. Don’t limit yourself to a particular activity for a long time. This will improve your learning capability. However, you should also take care of the fact that you should not keep on changing your hobby just for the sake of it. You should develop some interest in it and your grey matter should participate fully in it.
- Solving Puzzles – Solve as many crosswords and puzzles as you can. It keeps your brain sharp and boosts your learning capabilities.
- Playing Competitive Games — Games that involve a lot of competition and require strategies and thinking on your part are excellent ways to boost your logical skills.
- Breaking Routines — Don’t stick to a particular routine. Try breaking your habits occasionally. For e.g. Take a different breakfast or the same breakfast at a different time; change your sleeping place etc.
- Exchanging Cultural Views — Meeting people from different parts of the world or people of different race and origin and interaction with them leads to a healthy exchange of cultural information. This provides fresh vibes inside you and sharpens your perceptual skills.
- Debating — Take part in friendly debates. This implies that you should discuss a certain topic; but not argue upon it. This will help you to examine your own opinions and will develop your reasoning skills.
- Teaching – Whatever little opportunity you get to teach make the most of it. When you teach something, you get to understand that thing more. The more you repeat that topic, the more it develops your understanding capability.
- Yoga — Last but not the least, start doing yoga particularly self-meditation exercises and pranayamas which help you to flex the different mental muscles. Pranayama is an aspect of Yoga that deals with breathing. You should regularly do breathing exercises to enhance your mental agility. For knowing about various kinds of pranayamas, log on to www.a2zyoga.com
I hope my exercises will help you immensely and boost your IQ. So what are you waiting for? Go and take our IQ Test immediately.